Usage Of Sphygmomanometer
It's important to take good care of your heart health, but blood pressure is tough first, but it doesn't have to be. This is a quick, easy guide from the medical sphygmomanometer manufacturer to make you healthier and more confident.
In order to obtain accurate measurements, the following rules must be followed:
Always take readings at the same time under the same conditions. Always take measurements on the same arm. It is recommended to use the left arm.
Do not take the measurement within 30 minutes of smoking, drinking coffee or tea, or any form of fatigue, which can affect the measurement.
Be sure to have at least 5 minutes of quiet time before taking measurements.If possible, it is recommended to take a 10-minute break before measuring.Try to always use the same rest time before taking measurements.
If you are taking more than one measurement, wait about 3 minutes before repeating the measurement.
To read blood pressure using a medical sphygmomanometer, perform the following steps.
1. Sit, relax and hold still, especially with the measuring arm (left).
2. Remove watches, jewelry, or any tight clothing from the measuring arm.
3. Measure while still or speaking.
4. Don't cross your legs and keep your feet flat on the floor.
5. Position the monitor about 1cm from your wrist. Make sure the cuff is firmly attached to the wrist bone and that it does not cover the wrist bone. Be sure to hold it in the palm of your hand. Don't wear it like a watch.
6. Turn on the device. Keep the monitor at heart level and do not let the arm fall below that level.
7. Measurement starts automatically. Do not touch your hands or fingers or talk while taking measurements.
8. The cuff will slowly inflate and deflate. At the end of the measurement, a final sound will be sounded.
9. Color-coded results help you interpret readings and track progress.
10. Press the power button to turn off the product. Otherwise, the product will automatically shut down after 1 minute. If you want to stop measuring at any time, press the power button.
If you use an upper arm sphygmomanometer to read your blood pressure, please refer to the instructions below to help you get the best results.
1. Sit, relax, and remain still.
2. Remove the watch and jewelry.
3. Do not cross your legs and keep your feet flat on the floor.
4. Place the cuff on your left arm so that it is in direct contact with your skin (the cuff must be 2-3cm above your elbow).
5. Make sure the tube is facing in the same direction as your hand and extends over your arm.
6. Make sure the hose is not squeezed and the cuff is tight but comfortable.
7. Turn on the device. First touch the heart icon.
8. Press the button to read.
9. The cuff will begin to inflate slowly. Please stay still while reading.